SATURDAY MARCH 8TH 9AM-5PM
four times a year, we have a huge sale where we bring our goodies that we have tucked away…these are items those that consignors either do not want back or wish to deeply discount. we bring in special items for the sale alone. and you, my dear friends, are able to shop and take home treasures for next to nothing. come out and join us! tomorrow beginning at 9am to 5pm. see you there!
I am happy to announce our new partnership here at Rare Bird. Our very own and highly beloved Shelly Madruga has become an official business partner with me, here at the shop! For those of you that have worked with Shelly here in the past (she has been helping here since day one over two and a half years ago), you know how talented and hard-working she is. I have had the pleasure of knowing Shelly for close to 20 years now, and I know how fortunate I am to work with such a kind, intelligent and committed friend.
Shelly is thrilled to join as a full partner at Rare Bird Consignment House. She is a second generation native San Diegan who brings to the business a love for this city and community. Having worked in the field of advertising as a graphic designer for more than 20 years, she has a strong background in design, painting, color and aesthetics. It doesn’t matter if it is art, painting, furniture or accessories, she always appreciates the beauty of great design. Which naturally leads us right back to the Rare Bird.
We believe we have formed an ideal team to make Rare Bird the ultimate shopping and consignment experience. We have many plans and wonderful surprises to come! Please visit us soon to meet Shelly and to browse our latest treasures. We are open every day 10am-5pm, and look forward to seeing you soon. All the best to you…see you soon!
Kelly Kraus & Shelly Madruga
Rare Bird Consignment House
Rare Bird Consignment House is pleased to announce that we are now offering ESTATE PLANNING, LIQUIDATION, and ESTATE SALE SERVICES. Let us and our experience guide you through life’s transitions with compassion, honesty, and ease. Call or email us for a complimentary consultation.
For those of you who wish to be notified of our scheduled estates, please sign up for our email updates through this website.
Saturday, September 28th from 9am to 5pm. Come and get great deals, up to 75% OFF
on antiques, vintage, mid-century, and brand new furniture, home accessories, kitchen
and household items! Come and hunt treasures! What a perfect time to find that certain piece
or get a jump on your holiday gifts!
Get a good night’s sleep, eat your wheaties, come early, and beat the crowd!
SEE YOU THERE!
be sure to “like” us for our latest, up-to-date photos of today’s treasures…
After much negotiating, paper work, and good old fashioned waiting, we are excited to have received THREE additional parking spaces and TWO designated shopping spaces for our shop! Come on by!
Maybe you are downsizing, getting rid of your storage, cleaning your closet, or maybe you just wish to lighten you load. if you have pieces that you would like to consign, here are the easy steps…
1. email or text photos of your items to
2. include dimensions and a description. the more information we have, the better, and we can tell you if it a piece that we can sell. often time people ask me about pricing, which is difficult by just viewing a photo. i must take into consideration the overall condition and finish to assess it’s actual price, but often times i can give you a price range. keep in mind that all of our pricing is based on current market demand and what similar items are selling for.
3. if it is a yes, we make arrangements for getting the piece(s) to the store. if you have the means to get it here yourself, great. if not, we work with a few delivery companies that we are happy to refer you to. their usual minimum charge would begin at $70.
4. if no, please don’t be discouraged! we are a very small shop in a very small neighborhood and we must accept only those pieces that we are confident that we can sell. so, please think of us next time.
5. if you have smaller items, you can bring them by the shop tuesday or thursday between 11am and 4pm. PLEASE NOTE, we are not able to accept consignments after 4pm. wednesdays are also good between 11am and 1pm.
IT”S THAT EASY!
Love the look of our store?
Let us create the ‘just right’ feeling and ambiance to sell your home. No home is too small or too large. Our staging will cost you about HALF of all others’. Call us today for the details,
As of Wednesday, March 20th, we will be open on Wednesdays 10am to 7:30pm.
Our updated hours: